Many think of Digital as purely IT and although this is a part of the Health Digital umbrella, it is a large and diverse mixture of disciplines, covering, for example:
Health Records , ICT, Information Governance, Clinical Coding, Information/Business Analysis, Help Desks, Switchboard and Administrative and Management roles. Some have direct patient contact others do not.
How do these affect patient care?
- Ensuring Health Records are available and up to date, in the right place at the right time for clinicians
- Making sure the hundreds of IT systems are working and fit for purpose
- Safeguarding personal data and making sure of its appropriate use
- Coding of patients’ treatment activity to ensure correct funding is received for procedures undertaken
- Analysing data and sharing with clinicians to enable the best outcome for patients, the most suitable use of resources and identifying anomalies
- Speaking with patients and users over the telephone – giving advice and help (the switchboard is sometimes the first contact a user has with an organisation and first impressions count)
- Making sure departments are run efficiently and to the best standard
Digital teams have a tremendously important role to play within an NHS organisation. They are a cog in the wheel that makes up the NHS and without them the wheel will not turn.
If you’re interested in learning more about the variety of opportunities available within NHS Digital, why not apply for one the opportunities available.
Apply for an opportunity